And now something for everyone!
Last week I toyed a bit with mixing and matching the categories about which I typically write. But this one, this one has something for everyone. Funny faces! Funny noises!
True, the inspiration came while working on a children’s book, but anyone can make a funny face. It’s good for relaxing, it’s good for getting the creative juices flowing, it’s good for your health (or at least the laughter that ensues is good for you), it’s good for playtime with the kiddos, it’s good for staying awake just a bit longer to finish the chapter. Good for everyone.
First: faces. I’m working on a children’s book that encourages kids (and the parents reading the book) to explore just how versatile their face can be. Our faces display our emotions, they accommodate our physical responses to stimuli (sneezes, yawns, coughs, etc), and they are just plain fun.
Here are some to try:
- Stick your thumbs in your ears and wiggle your fingers
- Suck in your cheeks (make a fish-face)
- Cross your eyes
- Flare your nostrils
- Open your mouth in an “O”
- Open your eyes really really wide
- Pull your lips side-to-side and stick out your tongue
- Puff out your cheeks
- Raise one eyebrow
- Make a boo-boo lip
Second: noises. This one comes straight from my experience reading books to my girls, but that doesn’t mean any self-respecting adult can’t have some fun with noises too. Try a few of these to get your morning started.
- Make a noise like a monkey
- Put your lips together and blow
- Make a kissee-face and suck in
- Put your index finger lengthwise between your lips and move it up and down quickly while emitting various e-e-e-e-e-o-o-o-o-o-ah-ah-ah-ah noises (technical terms here)
- Roar like a lion (if need be, stand in front of a mirror and look ferocious, then go get ’em!)
There you go. You’re welcome. The skin on your face might be a bit sore and anyone in a five-mile radius of you thinks you’re nuts, but wasn’t that fun?
Regular programming will resume….
Wait, these posts have never been regular….
Carry on – until next time!