Before I start contemplating my own TBR pile and 2017 reading goals, I’m going to wrap up 2016 with 3 lists of 4’s. May you find a couple to add to your TBR pile and have a Happy 2017!
In no particular order here are my Favorite 4 Books I read in 2016 in the categories of Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Picture Book.
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien
- The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
- The River Between by Ngugi wa Thiong’o
- Silence by Shusaku Endo
- The Givenness of Things: Essays by Marilynne Robinson
- The Way of the Writer by Charles Johnson
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in an Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire
- Loud Lula by Katy S. Duffield
- Bloom by Doreen Cronin
- The Sound of Colors by Jimmy Liao
- Swatch: the Girl who Loved Color by Julia Denos